Top
image credit: Unsplash

Parler CEO says site will be shut longer than expected, as tech industry withdraws access

January 11, 2021

Via: Fortune

The chief executive officer of Parler warned the social media app is likely to be shut down for longer than originally anticipated, after Amazon.com Inc., Google and others withdrew their support in the wake of rioting at the U.S. Capitol last week.

CEO John Matze said the company has sought alternatives after it was notified by Amazon the e-commerce giant would terminate its cloud computing support at midnight Sunday. But it hasn’t been able to find other suppliers willing to step in because of the negative publicity stemming from the violence, organized in part on platforms such as Parler.

Read More on Fortune