Top
image credit: Pexels

YouTube says it will bar Trump from posting videos for one week, but stops short of deleting his account

January 13, 2021

Via: Fortune
Category:

YouTube removed new content from U.S. President Donald Trump’s channel, citing concerns about the potential of violence following the riot at the U.S. Capitol last week.

Trump’s channel now has its first strike against it, barring it from uploading new content for at least seven days, YouTube said in a tweet, without providing details on the offending videos. The popular streaming site — owned by Alphabet Inc.’s Google — also said it’s indefinitely disabling comments on the channel due to safety considerations.

Read More on Fortune